Beloved actor and comedian Robin Williams often made observations on the human condition that were profound and thought-provoking, to remind us not to take life too seriously.
20 Robin Williams quotes on life, happiness and the human condition
Legendary actor and stand-up comedian Robin Williams was beloved around the world by generations of children and adults alike. However, Williams had his own personal demons and had struggled with depression all his life. Perhaps it was this unspeakable inner sorrow that drove him to make other people laugh. Here are 20 profound and thought-provoking Robin Williams quotes that’ll remind you to take life a little less seriously.
“No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” Source: WikimediaCommons
Robin Williams’ wise words of wisdom
1. “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.”
2. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.”
3. “We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
4. “If women ran the world we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.”
5. “What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.”
6. “There is still a lot to learn and there is always great stuff out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.”
7. “Our job is improving the quality of life, not just delaying death.”
8. “Good people end up in Hell because they can’t forgive themselves.”
9. “Being in the same room with people and creating something together is a good thing.”
10. “You know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe; harmonic connection between all living beings, every where, even the stars.”
“You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.” Source: WikimediaCommons
More wise words from the head and heart of Robin Williams
11. “You’re still young. Being a true loser takes years of inaptitude.”
12. “Sometimes you got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It’s called fun.”
13. “Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.”
14. “Change is not popular; we are creatures of habit as human beings. “I want it to be the way it was.” But if you continue the way it was there will be no “is.”
15.“The things we fear the most have already happened to us.”
16. “Death – to blink for an exceptionally long period of time.”
17. “Seize the day. Because, believe it or not, each and every one of us in this room is one day going to stop breathing.”
18. “There’s three things in this world that you need: Respect for all kinds of life, a nice bowel movement on a regular basis, and a navy blazer.”
19. “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”
20. “Do you think God gets stoned? I think so … look at the platypus.”
While Robin Williams life is a reminder to take care of your inner self and happiness first, he also brought a great deal of joy and wisdom to this world that will never be forgotten.
This article was first published on BrightVibes on 30 October 2019.
How to Help a Depressed Friend: 15 Dos & Don’ts
Do you have a friend who’s living with depression? You’re not alone. Worldwide, over 300 million adults and children live with depression. But not everyone experiences depression in the same way, and symptoms can vary.<br /> Here are 10 things you can do to help as well as a few things to avoid.